Daily Senate Schedule for Tuesday, September 28, 2021
The Senate will next convene at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, September 28 after standing in adjournment at 7:03 p.m. Monday, September 27.
Following the Leaders’ remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #333, Karen Erika Donfried, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (European Affairs and Eurasian Affairs), post-cloture.
There will be a confirmation VOTE on the Donfried nomination.
Thereafter, the Senate will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #324, Monica P. Medina, of Maryland, to be Assistant Secretary of State for Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs, post-cloture, and immediately recess until 2:15 p.m. for the weekly policy lunches.
Further VOTES are expected throughout the day.
By UC, there will be up to one hour of debate, equally divided, prior to the each of the confirmation votes on the Donfried and Medina nominations, as well as the confirmation votes on the following nominations, with the Republican time controlled by Senator Cruz:
1) Executive Calendar #331, Mary Catherine Phee, of Illinois, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (African Affairs);
2) Executive Calendar #240, Todd D. Robinson, of New Jersey, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs); and
3) Executive Calendar #334, Jessica Lewis, of Ohio, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Political-Military Affairs).
On Monday, cloture was filed on the following:
1) Executive Calendar #264, Robert T. Anderson, of Washington, to be Solicitor of the Department of the Interior; and
2) Executive Calendar #159, Jonathan Eugene Meyer, of Ohio, to be General Counsel, Department of Homeland Security.
On Monday, a motion to reconsider the failed cloture vote on H.R. 5305, the Continuing Resolution, was entered.