Daily Senate Schedule for Monday, July 20, 2020 and Pro Forma Dates
The Senate will next convene for Legislative Business at 3:00 p.m. Monday, July 20 after standing in adjournment at 5:27 p.m. Thursday, July 2.
The Senate will conduct Pro Forma sessions on the following dates and times:
- Monday, July 6 at 11:15 a.m.;
- Thursday, July 9 at 10:00 a.m.;
- Monday, July 13 at 5:30 p.m.; and
- Thursday, July 16 at 10:30 a.m.
3:00 p.m. Monday, July 20
Following the Leaders' remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #718, Russell Vought, of Virginia, to be Director of the Office of Management and Budget, post-cloture.
The Senate will conduct a confirmation VOTE on the nomination.
Pending is S. 4049, the Defense Authorization bill. Pending to the bill is Inhofe substitute amendment #2301. Pending to the substitute amendment is McConnell (for Portman) amendment #2080 (cybersecurity research report).
At a time to be determined, the following amendments will be made pending en bloc, with 2 hours of debate, equally divided, on each amendment permitted. The amendments will be voted upon in the order listed, with 60 affirmative votes required for adoption of each:
- Schatz #2252 (DoD property transfers to law enforcement agencies);
- Inhofe #2411 (DoD property transfers to law enforcement agencies);
- Sanders #1788 (10 percent cut to the Pentagon budget);
- Cornyn #2244 (semiconductor manufacturing);
- Shaheen #1729 (contaminated drinking water CDC study); and
- Tester #1972, as modified (diseases related to herbicide agents during the Vietnam War).
Following disposition of the Tester amendment, cloture will ripen on Inhofe substitute amendment #2301 and on the underlying bill.
All first-degree amendments to the substitute amendment and S. 4049 must be filed at the desk by 5:00 p.m. Monday, July 20.