The Senate will next convene at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, September 16 after standing in adjournment at 7:06 p.m. Monday, September 15.
Following the Leaders’ remarks, the Senate will be in Morning Business until 12:30 p.m., with Senators permitted to speak up to 10 minutes each.
The Senate will recess until 2:15 p.m. for the weekly policy lunches.
The Senate will conduct confirmation VOTES on the following (NOTE: Only the first two are expected to require roll calls):
- Executive Calendar #1003, Jeffery Martin Baran, of Virginia, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the remainder of the term expiring June 30, 2015; and
- Executive Calendar #1004, Stephen G. Burns, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the term of five years expiring June 30, 2019;
- Executive Calendar #594, Linda A. Schwartz, of Connecticut, to be an Assistant Secretary of Veterans Affairs (Policy and Planning);
- Executive Calendar #546, Matthew T. Harrington, of Virginia, to be Ambassador to the Kingdom of Lesotho;
- Executive Calendar #958, Todd D. Robinson, of New Jersey, to be Ambassador to the Republic of Guatemala;
- Executive Calendar #960, Jane D. Hartley, of New York, to be Ambassador to the French Republic;
- Executive Calendar #963, Jane D. Hartley, of New York, to serve concurrently and without additional compensation as Ambassador to the Principality of Monaco;
- Executive Calendar #784, Nina Hachigian, of California, to be Representative to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, with the rank and status of Ambassador; and
- Executive Calendar #870, Gordon O. Tanner, of Alabama, to be General Counsel of the Department of the Air Force.