The Senate will next convene at 2:00 p.m. Monday, December 1 after standing in adjournment under the provisions of H.Con. Res. 119, the Adjournment Resolution, at 7:22 p.m. Thursday, November 20.
Following the Leaders’ remarks, the Senate be in Morning Business until 5:30 p.m., with the time equally divided and Senators permitted to speak up to 10 minutes each.
The Senate will conduct two cloture VOTES on:
- Executive Calendar #892, Noah Bryson Mamet, of California, to be Ambassador to the Argentine Republic; and
- Executive Calendar #631, Colleen Bradley Bell, of California, to be Ambassador to Hungary.
If cloture is invoked on one or both of the nominations, the confirmation VOTE(S) will occur at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 2.
On Thursday, November 20, cloture was also filed on:
- Executive Calendar #772, Nani A. Coloretti, of California, to be Deputy Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development;
- Executive Calendar #998, Robert S. Adler, of the District of Columbia, to be a Commissioner of the Consumer Product Safety Commission for a term of seven years from October 27, 2014 (Reappointment);
- Executive Calendar #1069, Charlotte A. Burrows, of the District of Columbia, to be a Member of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for a term expiring July 1, 2019; and
- Executive Calendar #1067, P. David Lopez, of Arizona, to be General Counsel of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for a term of four years (Reappointment).