The Senate will next convene at 11:00 a.m. Thursday, March 19 after standing in adjournment at 5:24 p.m. Wednesday, March 18.
Following the Leaders' remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of S. 178, the Human Trafficking bill, with the time until noon equally divided.
Pending to S. 178:
- Portman amendment #270 (ID and assessment of child victims);
- Portman amendment #271 (definition of “homeless person”); and
- Vitter second-degree amendment #284 (birthright citizenship) to Portman amendment #271.
The Senate will conduct up to two VOTES on the following:
- Cloture on the committee-reported substitute amendment to S. 178; and
- If cloture is not invoked on the substitute, cloture on S. 178.
On Tuesday, a motion to reconsider the first cloture vote on S. 178 was entered.
On Thursday, February 27, a motion to reconsider the failed cloture vote on the motion to proceed to S. 534, the Immigration Rule of Law bill, was entered.